Credit Technologies Home Page

Credit Technologies, Inc.

Tomorrow's Solutions...Today 
Member Area
Credit Reporting and Flood Services
Order Your Credit Report
About Credit Technologies, Inc.
News and Press Center
Customer Resources
Contact Credit Technologies
Join Now
Site Map







FAQs - Obtaining W2, Tax Return and 1099 Transcripts     

  How Long Will it Take to Receive My Records? 

From the time we transmit your request, the IRS is presently taking 3-4 days to complete and return your records. Although we're hard at work until 8:00PM, The IRS has an early cut off time. We must receive your request no later than 11:00AM for the IRS to begin processing the same day. Requests received after the 11:00 cut-off, after hours, on weekends or holidays (remember the IRS observes all government holidays) are processed the following business day morning.


Which IRS Documents and Years Are Available?

We can provide the following documents regardless of what state you resided, or your employer was located in. Even if your past employer is now out-of-business, we can still provide your documents directly from the IRS. Available Data Includes,

The below listed documents are available approximately 8 weeks after filing with the IRS.   

  • 2012 - 1040 series, 1065, 1120(A,H,L,S), W-2, 1098 series, 1099 series, 5498 series
  • 2013 - 1040 series, 1065, 1120(A,H,L,S), W-2, 1098 series, 1099 series, 5498 series
  • 2014 - 1040 series, 1065, 1120(A,H,L,S), W-2, 1098 series, 1099 series, 5498 series
  • 2015 - 1040 series, 1065, 1120(A,H,L,S), W-2, 1098 series, 1099 series, 5498 series

*2015 W-2, 1098 series, 1099 series, 5498 series available after 2/15/2016


How Do I Obtain Tax Returns, W2s or 1099s From a Year Not Listed Above?

The IRS/IVES automated system supports only the years listed above. To obtain copies of tax returns or W2s from prior years, you should contact the IRS directly to verify is the year(s) needed are available. You can visit the IRS website at  or, for questions regarding your personal taxes call 800-829-1040. For business tax questions call 800-829-4933. The IRS process for obtaining older years returns can take more than 30 days.


Can I Obtain State or City Tax Return Information?

Unfortunately No, this program supports only information available through the IRS and will not include any State or City information. Each state's procedures vary. To obtain state tax return information, you must contact the state in which the returns were filed.


I Filed an Extension This Past Tax Year. How Long Does it Take The IRS to Add My Return to Their Database?

It typically takes the IRS six (6) to eight (8) weeks to add new filings or corrections to their database.


What Are The Most Common Reasons Requests Are Rejected or Delayed?

The most common reason the IRS rejects requests are addresses that do not match those provided on that years tax return. If you have recently moved, make sure you list your prior address on Line # 4 of the IRS Form 4506. Another common reason for rejection are entries or signatures on the request form that are "illegible" - If completing the request manually, please print clearly all information on the request forms. the IRS now charges full price for all rejected requests regardless of the rejection reason. Please double-check the information provided on the request form as we are unable to issue refunds on IRS rejections.                       


If There is a Problem With My Request, How Will I Be Notified?

An email is sent to address provided on the request stating the nature of the problem reported by the IRS. If no email address was provided (mail order), we will contact you by phone.                         


How Do I Notify You With The Corrections?

Simply respond to the email and add the proper corrections, or feel free to call us toll-free at 800.473.1380, Option 2.                    


What is IRS 4506T?

The IRS name assigned to the manual process used to obtain transcripts of previously filed tax returns, W2s, or 1099s. W2s and 1099s are usually available even if the taxpayer has not yet filed that years return (assuming the employer filed the required year end returns.) Credit Technologies developed a system whereby you can obtain your needed documents, usually within 48 hours rather than the sometimes 30 days it can take through the IRS. Note, your transcripts will appear in a different format than the returns you filed or your W2s/1099s. They contain the data received and verified by the IRS. You can obtain photo static copies of your tax returns if you desire, but you must request them directly through the IRS and they may take up to 60 days to receive. Transcripts are acceptable for virtually every intended purpose including mortgage, tax filing, bankruptcy or student loan processing.       


Can You Guarantee My Documents Will Be Delivered Within The Stated Time Frame?

We do everything possible to get your data to you in the fastest method possible. Most (95%+) of requests are returned within the stated times, however, no provider can guarantee when the IRS will release your data, or if the requested records exists in the IRS database. Delays and rejections can occur due to errors or omissions on the request forms, and delays on the part of the IRS (especially during tax season.)  Occasionally the IRS search will return "no records found". This is usually due to information provided on the request not matching the records on file with the IRS. In the case of missing W2 or 1099 records, it could also indicate the employer failed to file required IRS forms.                   


The Allotted Time Frame Has Passed and I Don't Have My Documents Yet - What Should I Do?

First, carefully check your email, (especially your junk folder.) Overwhelmingly, we find that the documents were sent, but were intercepted by an email program or ISP filter designed to eliminate junk mail. If you are still unable to locate your documents, please send an email to Please include your name, Social Security number, the date of your request and the best way to contact you. We will quickly research your request and send an additional copy, or contact you directly.                          


I Have More Questions, or Need Help Completing The Request - Can I Speak to a "Live" Person?

Absolutely - Call us toll-free at (800) 473.1380. Our office hours are Mon-Fri, 9:00am - 8:00pm eastern, (6:00am - 5:00pm Pacific.)  For questions after hours, on weekends, or holidays, please send your request to Your inquiry will be answered first thing the next business day.

Thank you for considering Credit Technologies, we look forward to being of service.


              1990-2016 Credit Technologies, Inc.

 Privacy Statement

 Terms of Use